Wednesday, December 7, 2011

LOST

"Lie to them, Jack. If you do it half as well as you lie to yourself, they'll believe you.”
-John Locke


Your dog in his shrunken sweater,
buries into my hair when we kiss.
A type of jealousy I can relate to.
I know you’re getting tired of watching
what happens between Desmond and Penny
because it’s breaking my heart.

My new apartment
doesn’t allow pets,
so we can be alone
after long nights of standing
in chilly houses
waiting for hours
to hear your friend’s band.
I’ll always cook when you’re hungry
but I can’t promise that I won’t fuck up
the pancakes or have much to say.

I will no longer feel self conscious about
the bras hanging off my bed posts
because your Ikea bedframe is broken, doesn’t have any--
You will be familiar with the black
and nude lace.

It shouldn’t be this hard to feel particular.

Tonight I hate most everything
About your one-word answers,
how I’m left to think about
love.

There is one thing I’ve actually never told you.

No comments:

Post a Comment